In 2020 - 2021 we received £17,500 P.E. and Sports Premium Funding
Sports funding is additional to the main school budget. It is intended to improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sporting activities in all primary schools by improving teaching standards, developing sporting opportunities and providing external expertise.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons;
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs;
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers;
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games;
- run sports activities with other schools.
We consider that a strong PE curriculum and provision of extra-curricular opportunities has a positive influence not only on the sporting capability and experience of children, but on their concentration, attitude and academic achievement. We offer a variety of sporting activities throughout the year led by staff and supported by external qualified coaches. As a result, we take part in a number of competitions and events, and hope to follow the success of previous years.